The Family Recovery Service aimed to provide services to children and their families affected by parental substance misuse. The service is now provided by the Youth Inclusion Project. To make a referral please contact them directly on 01506 282866.
This service for counselling for 12-18 year olds affected by the sudden death of a loved one has been suspended from 31 October 2018, WLDAS are seeking new sources of funding in order to reinstate the service as soon as possible.
Family Support Group
This service brings together family members who are in the same circumstances to share their experiences and gain extra support from each other.
We also offer relaxation therapies.
The group meets:
- the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7:00pm-9:30pm – at St John’s Hospital, Howden, Livingston
- the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 5:30pm-7:30pm – at Strathbrock Partnership Community Centre (entrance B), Broxburn
No appointments are necessary and one of our friendly, understanding staff is there to meet new members. Contact us on 01506 430 225 if you would like to meet them before the meeting starts.
Cloud 9 is a project designed to support and assist young people to reduce or stop smoking.
- Free and confidential advice
- Advice and support from fully trained staff to help young people quit
- Individual appointments
- Nicotine replacement prescriptions can be arranged
- Peer support
- Stress management
- Education and health promotion
- Ongoing support